Community Amateur Sports Club
Edenbridge Cricket Club is registered with HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) as a Community Amateur Sport Club (CASC). As a CASC, Edenbridge Cricket Club benefits from a range of tax reliefs, including Gift Aid on donations.
The conditions for a CASC include that the Club is:
ECB and Kent Community Cricket Affiliation
- open to the whole community. This means membership that is open to all without discrimination, facilities that are open to all members without discrimination and fees that do not represent a significant obstacle to membership or use of its facilities.
- organised on an amateur basis. This means it operates on a not-for-profit basis and any surplus income or gains generated are reinvested in Edenbridge Cricket Club.
- has as its main purpose the provision of facilities for, and the promotion of participation in, one or more eligible sports.
Edenbridge Cricket Club is affiliated to Kent Community Cricket and the England and Wales Cricket Board.
Edenbridge Cricket Club has the ECB Clubmark. ECB Clubmark is an accreditation scheme for cricket clubs and is licensed from Sport England as part of their wider Clubmark scheme. Clubmark is the universally acknowledged cross sport accreditation scheme for community sports clubs. It stands for:
- Higher standards of welfare, equity, coaching and management in community sports clubs
- Making sure the nation’s sports club infrastructure is safer, stronger and more successful
Clubmark shows that a club provides the right environment which ensures the welfare of members and encourages everyone to enjoy sport and stay involved throughout their lives.
Edenbridge Cricket Club Limited is registered as a company limited by guarantee in England with Company No 7857069 and operates on a not-for-profit basis. Registered Office: 16 Pollards Wood Road, Oxted, Surrey RH8 0HY.
Last updated: April 2017